Friday, February 4, 2011

Feb 2 Daily

           If I invented something that could millions of people, I would act immediately and help those people.  Yes, I know I would get a lot of money if I waited to patent it, but in the long run, helping people is more important to me.  I would benefit from the profit from this invention, but no one else would; however, if I acted immediately, millions of people would benefit from my invention.  Additionally, I believe that science and technology should be used to better the world we live in. There are many problems in the world today; if there was invention to help resolve one of these problems, that invention should be used for its full potential.  For example, if I was a doctor and developed a cure for AIDS, I could sell the medicine and its formula for a lot of money; however, I do not have AIDS, so the only use I would have for it is the money it would make me.  In my opinion, this would be a very selfish decision, as there are so many people in the world that would benefit from it so much more than I would.  I would make a lot of money off of this invention, live my life, and die. What would happen when I died?  Maybe my family would have a lot of money, and maybe I would be well known, but the people that needed my help and the help of my invention the most when I was alive would be continuing to suffer.

1 comment:

  1. Good thoughts, but I have to disagree with you on one point. If you get a lot of money than you could help people in a lot more ways than just with the one invention. You could put money in all kinds of places if that was your goal.

    ReplyDelete