Monday, March 7, 2011

Feb 28 Daily

           Hello, my name is Alekso.  Life around here has certainly changed since Alexander, you know, trampled over the Persian Empire.  I live in Macedon, by the way.  Right now, our king is Alexander, and he has pretty much conquered most of the world.  I used to be one his general before he conquered Persia.  I went on most of Alexander’s adventures.  We are actually quite close while we were on the move.  One of my favorite stories of Alexander and me has to do with Persia.  Let me tell you.
            About a year ago, I was traveling with Alexander and the Macedonian Army.  Alexander was set on expanding the empire (when was he not?) and his next plan was to conquer the Persian Empire – the strongest and most feared empire of the time.  Of course, Alexander could not stand the feeling of someone or something else being more powerful and feared than himself.  One night, while we were resting, Alexander informed me of this plan.  I thought about it, and advised him not to go through with it.  I felt like Alexander’s empire was already strong and that he had no reason to feel the need to conquer any other threat toward it.  I told Alexander what I felt, and he told me that he was going to go through with it.  He said that the Persians were a major threat to his empire and he couldn’t just sit around and wait for them to conquer him and everything that he had worked his entire life to acquire.  I was still strongly opposed to Alexander’s plan.  I did not want to cause him trouble or anger him, so I quietly left for Macedon that morning.

1 comment:

  1. It would be great to see this expanded into a full short story; great potential!

    ReplyDelete